The purpose of the H.E.L.P. Ministry is to provide aid and comfort to members of the St. James family, who are in need, through contributions of time, talents, and gifts by the “St. James Angels” who have signed on as volunteers. The services provided by the St. James Angels can be summarized broadly, as follows:
- Transportation: for medical appointments, church services, etc;
- Visitation: at homes, hospitals, nursing homes;
- Shopping: for those unable to get out and about;
- Meals: for shut-ins needing homemade meals or treats;
- Sunshine: sending/delivering cards and notes for shut-ins and patients.
All requests for H.E.L.P. are confidential. The Project Coordinator emphasizes that the Ministry is two-way: “call if you wish to volunteer your time; call if you need H.E.L.P.” Annually, Christmas plants have been provided to all persons on the H.E.L.P. list by St. Martha’s Guild.
The current Manager/Coordinator for the H.E.L.P. Ministry is Patty O’Rourke.